Guided Walks Programme
Free, sociable, family friendly guided walks led by volunteers.
A walk leader will be at the start of the walk whatever the weather.
No need to book, just turn-up.
Self Guided Walks
There are 15 self guided walks across the District, some are in the town but the majority are in the lovely West Sussex Countryside.
Each walk can be downloaded and comes complete with instructions and a map of the route. These maps are not to scale, so it is always advisable to take an Ordinance Survey map with you if you are not familiar with the area.
The walks are devised to whet your appetite and get you outdoors and improving your health. None of them are too strenuous; most are between two and three miles long. However there are two that are slightly longer which could be more of a challenge.
The three flat walks that include parts of the Downs Link are good ones to do on a regular basis. You can easily make these timed walks and monitor your improvement as you do them more frequently.
Some have stiles, but a few of the walks were chosen because they had none. The walks without stiles will be marked. The countryside is an ever-changing environment, therefore, you may find that stiles and gates may have been removed or replaced or footpaths diverted.
Please Don't Forget The Country Code
- Enjoy the countryside and respect its life and work
- Guard against all risk of fire
- Take your litter home
- Leave all gates as you find them
- Keep your dog(s) under control
- Help to keep all water clean
- Protect wildlife, plants and trees
- Keep to public footpaths across farmland
- Leave livestocks, crops and machinery alone
- Make no unneccessary noise
- Use gates and stiles to cross fences, hedges and walls
If you have enjoyed these walks please tell your friends and email any comments on to Horsham District Council.
Download Walk Guides
- Walk 1 - Denne Hill, Horsham (18.61 Kb)
- Walk 2 - Warnham (22.75 Kb)
- Walk 3 - Rusper (14.05 Kb)
- Walk 4 - Slinfold
- Walk 5 - Rudgwick (17.71 Kb)
- Walk 6 - Southwater (25.41 Kb)
- Walk 7 - Nuthurst (15.78 Kb)
- Walk 8 - Billingshurst (22.63 Kb)
- Walk 9 - Horsham Riverside Walk (11.37 Kb)
- Walk 10 - Henfield (27.43 Kb)
- Walk 11 - Storrington and Kithurst (23.91 Kb)
- Walk 12 - Rackham Hill, Storrington (21.98 Kb)
- Walk 13 - Steyning Horseshoe (24.19 Kb)
- Walk 14 - Bramber, Upper Beeding and the South Downs Way (24.07 Kb)
- Measure Your Fitness (14.54 Kb)
Other Walks Information for the Horsham District
- Accessible Countryside for Everyone (ACE)
- The Cloverleaf Walking Group (Southwater based) - Gillian French 01403 730439
- Cranleigh and District Walkers - Mike Phillips 07771 821734
- Crawley and North Sussex Ramblers
- Pulborough Strollers - Mike Phillips 07771 821734
- Society of Sussex Wealdmen
- Sussex Pathfinders Rambling Club
- UK Walks
- Horsham 20-50s Walking Group
- Walking in England
- Walks With Wheelchairs
- Walks With Buggies
- Walking for Health
- Walking in Sussex